Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cheap Rechargeable Batteries, Razor Blades, and More

I don't know if you've heard of Groupon or not, but I thought I'd pass along a good deal I saw today. Groupon is a site where there is a special deal each day for each major city area. They are often times local restaurants, entertainment, stores, etc that offer gift certificates for 50-90% off face value as long as enough people buy in (which pretty much always happens pretty quickly). You have to purchase the groupon the day it is offered, but the actual certificate is good for much longer.

The deal I saw today is actually an online deal posted on the under Long Island in the list of cities. You can buy a $20 gift certificate to soap.com for $10. I took a look at soap.com to see if it was anything I would be interested in and found that they have all sorts of household and personal products at regular store prices. That didn't excite me too much because I usually get really good deals on those sorts of things. I looked around the site for things that I can't usually find on sale, that would be good to buy essentially at 50% off. I was so excited to find rechargeable AA and AAA batteries since that is something I was actually going to shop for today anyway! The other thing I looked for that we always need but I rarely find on sale is razor blades for my husband (he is particular about those and they aren't cheap). Take a look and see if there is anything that you would be interested in, then sign up on Groupon and buy the soap.com groupon (available only today, but the groupon certificate you buy is good through Dec 23rd). Oh, this groupon also includes free 1-2 day shipping, so you really can't go wrong.

No comments: