Friday, May 1, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Hi all,

Here's the other great ideas I got for Mother's Day gifts.

A DVD of the family. Slide show variety-- with music etc.

A calendar with rip off pages that you can slide into a scrapbook when the month is over.

Scrapbook stuff.

Photos.

A birthstone necklace or other jewelry.

A canvass with black and white photos of the family/kids modge podged to it in collage fashion. (Which I am going to try. Wish me luck!)
Michael's had a 2 pack canvas for $10 (Great for the mom and MIL) and I got the bigger Modge Podge for $8 so that I can so something for Kevin for Father's day too. I have TONS of 4x6 photo paper if anyone needs any for this project!!!!!!! marileejohnson@gmail.com
-- Marilee Johnson

4 comments:

Veronica said...

I did the canvas thing with black and white pictures, but got them printed from Kinkos on a black and white printer. The thinner the paper you use, the less chances of having it bubble on you. Mine turned out great! I can't wait to send it to my mother in law! I did a 12x12 collage of all the nieces and nephews and an 8x10 of my girls and their hand prints.

Kim said...

Tell me how it turns out, I would love to try it!

Kim said...

Did you paint the canvas, or leave it white? If you painted, what type of paint did you use?

Veronica said...

i painted the canvas black because my pictures had a black background. you can paint it whatever color you want. it turned out great! you do have to use a laser printer or else your ink will smear when you put on the glue. if you dont have mod podge you can make it yourself. 3 parts white glue and 1 part water. i used acrylic paint.