Friday, May 1, 2009

Need some advice

I've been contemplating a project, but have run into a dilemma. I have a headboard that I'm fixing up, but I want to cover up a hole someone made in it to put cord through, presumably for a lamp or something. I was thinking about several things I could use- it's a headboard with a bookshelf/cubby type setup. I looked at decorative tile, but they were around $7 a pop. I also looked at a textured, raised wallpaper, but that was $14 a roll and I only need a few squares. Does anyone else know of a cheap fix? I was thinking about grass cloth but I don't know where to buy that or how expensive it is. Fabric would be cheap but difficult to put on because it's not stiff and frays. I'm probably going to paint whatever I put on there. Any help would be much appreciated!

Rachel Luke
bleen03@gmail.com
Update: So I've added some pictures. There's an antique cabinet (another project that I'm planning to refinish once the weather cooperates) that I'm trying to tie together with the headboard that's kind of why I wanted a little decorative embellishment on the headboard. Nothing too matchy matchy, but I wanted the headboard to look a little more intricate. And I do plan to paint the entire headboard.

4 comments:

tweedlediva said...

Go to a hardware store and ask if they give away/sell wallpaper sample books. Then you can use the samples in there (and let me know if you get one... cause I'll want what you don't use... :0) ). Or, try the homeworks store on University- sometimes they have tiles or wallpaper for really cheap. You could always use scrapbooking paper and decoupage.

jenny said...

can you post a picture of the headboard? if i have a visual, i may have some ideas.

RS Sister said...

There you go Jenny. Don't mind the fire truck :). Really any advice would be appreciated.

Kim said...

The cabinet is awesome!